Thursday, February 12, 2015

15 YEARS OF DRAWING SCOOBY!

It's a little belated as an anniversary.

All right, it's a LOT belated (almost 4 months), but for those keeping track, last November 21st marked my 15 year mark for drawing Scooby-Doo. Wow! And I was drawing Scooby as the holidays came and went. Who'da thunk I be doing it this long? I sure didn't and that is a personal record of sorts for me. This dog is certainly a chapter of my life. Back in 1999 when I was doing my audition test I thought it would be a short-lived job. At the time in the late 90's, Scooby didn't have a lot going on publishing wise and once I was approved I did a tremendous amount of work back in 2000 into spring of 2001. It was Scooby all day and night back then. And here we are now in 2015...

Just finished another new Scooby comic and a cover for DC Comics back in January and I just wrapped up Books 9 and 10 for the Scooby-Doo "You Choose" series for Capstone. I did SIX Scooby-Doo books for Capstone in 2014! And I managed to squeeze in a Scooby art commission for a fan which took forever to complete. I remembered why I don't do many commissions as they are hard to fit into the schedule sometimes that is ever-changing. But it all turned out fine in the end and they were happy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! What was the commission?

SNeelyArt said...

Scooby-Doo running from a purple Dragon that was in an episode and I peppered it with other classic Scooby elements around. Turned out nice just took a looonnggg time to fit in to do it.

Anonymous said...

Cool! Was it colored?

SNeelyArt said...

No, Just B&W. I don't hand color stuff anymore. It was too hard to match the official Scooby brown color with a magic marker. The closest I got was mixing a Terra Cotta marker and then using a warm grey over it. But it was a hassle so I stopped.