Monday, May 8, 2017

SCOOBY-DOO - My Capstone Work... Thus Far...

Here's a pic I made of all the Scooby-Doo books I've worked on in the last three and a half years for Capstone Publishing starting in spring of 2013. 28 in all so far have my work in them. Looks more impressive this way (If you right-click on the pic and open it in a new window, you can get the bigger version to zoom in on).

Looks like no new Scooby thus far from them to work on in the summer, maybe in the fall. I think doing more of the Scooby You Choose books may be spread out more as there are 14 of them now. I sometimes wonder if over exposure of the character starts seeping in and people get tired of it and need a break. Even for super fans. I feel that way with some of my favorite TV shows as the seasons wear on. Also, after 17 years of drawing Scooby, I don't feel tired of it but there is an absolute sameness to it all that you have to deal with. I hit that wall with doing comic books as well... that and the pay isn't great anymore, but that's another post...  

No comments: