Saturday, September 21, 2019

My Scooby Story In SCOOBY-DOO 50TH ANNIVERSARY GIANT 100-PAGE Walmart Comic!

I got a new package this week that was waiting at my front door. Again, I was surprised to see that my Scooby artwork was in yet another Scooby-Doo Collection. This one is called the SCOOBY-DOO 50TH ANNIVERSARY GIANT #1 which is a 100-PAGE comic that is sold only at Walmart. There are nine stories in it and I have TWO in the thing. The first story of mine is the one I wrote and drew called "Tiki Taboo Trouble" and the other is a comic I just did the art for (and was for the overseas market) called "I Want My Mummy." Art from a panel of that story is on the cover down at the bottom. Wow! So nine stories filtered from the big 400+page trade and I still made the cut to this version! I guess it's in stores now, I may have got mine early, and it's 100 pages for only $4.99! Cheap by today's standards! From the talk I hear Walmart puts these by the sports trading cards in the front of the store, but I can't confirm it.  But it's out there and it's a #1 issue for all that means. I don't know if they are doing more but I would assume... but who knows.

UPDATE: I found out that they did two versions of this. One is the Mass Market edition that's in Walmart and has this cover with the giant Scooby on it.

 
The other cover, which is below, is the Direct Market version. This is the version that comic book shops would get.




No comments: