Met this guy named Bob the Builder. You might have heard of him. He was popular. He told me his catchphrase was "Can we fix it?" and all of a sudden his construction vehicles all yelled "Yes, we can!" together. Wasn't expecting that! Seemed like a nice guy. He even offered me tea. We talked, and it went well, but we didn't wind up working together.
_________________________________________________
Six years later, an emergency job appears and I meet a Hispanic handyman named Manny Garcia. He calls himself Handy Manny. You might have heard of him as well. The word on the street was that he was popular, too. They called him "The Best Repairman in the County!"
He carries a toolbox, and believe or not, his tools are alive! He talks to them as well! No kidding! I thought that guy Bob was weird, my tools don't talk to me, but I went with it. Manny and I talked and he said he needed some help. I pitched some samples of what I could do for him and he liked them! We worked together for a short time and I did a LOT of stuff for him. He thanked me and paid me promptly too!
Haven't heard from him in a long time. I wonder if he finally asked Kelly Crenshaw out on a date?
_________________________________________________
For you process junkies out there:
Bob the Builder audition art was done and inked on paper by hand in early 2001.
Handy Manny art was ALL done digitally in Adobe Illustrator with the pen tool in October 2007. Took a bit to get into a good workflow, but I soon became a Jedi Master with the pen tool. Some of my BEST work I've ever done with a super strict tight deadline!
















No comments:
Post a Comment