BLUE'S CLUES! Drawn on some left over "artsy" paper I had in my studio (feels like a parchment paper of some kind in my hand) and a purple col-erase pencil!
These are 2003 audition pieces for Nick, though I didn't get it. I did these right after Steve left the show (Steve Burns, who was a fan favorite and left to go off to college in real life) and they just introduced a new actor to play his younger brother Joe.
This license was a LOT of work, especially when you had to produce the full color art! Nick gave me a thick How-To booklet and CDs with the fabric patterns to lay in after you built everything in Adobe.
In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't get it at the time as my Adobe skills weren't at the level this work required. Also, you needed to submit the final art with everything organized and labelled as they wanted it to be. It would have taken me longer to do and they needed someone with a bit more speed.
It was still fun to draw though! I love the simplicity of it!



No comments:
Post a Comment