I found some old warm up sketches that related to the The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy comic I drew for DC Comics. I posted the full comic on my blog back in April.
You can see me working out Grim's gesture and basic pose for panel 2. Not sure why he's angry in my sketch and happy in the story. He was always yelling at the kids on the show. I still work out my ideas on cheap paper before I decide what to go with.
Doing warm ups can get you going and I usually sketch stuff that relate to the project I'm working on at the time. Some artists draw whatever they want to draw for fun to warm up but I usually like to get in a rhythm by working on backgrounds, props, or supporting characters. Some make it into the project and some don't.



No comments:
Post a Comment