Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Year That Was POWER RANGERS JUNGLE FURY!

As I type this, the last of my final artwork for Power Rangers Jungle Fury is being uploaded for the final approval stage. This is the last project I'll be doing (unless they wish to do more) and I expect it to approved in two weeks time with no problems. Candace Bell did a great job helping me get this all done and colored on time and we think it came out great!

It was February of last year that I started doing work on this version of Power Rangers and I have to say that it was fun. From looking at all the years and designs that I've seen from previous versions of Power Rangers over the decade and a half that it's been around, Jungle Fury has the best designs out of all of them and had me interested in it from the beginning. I can see why kids are enthralled with it since it has aspects of all the cool stuff that I had growing up such as Godzilla, Shogun Warriors, Ultraman, and a dash of Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan mixed in.

When I was first offered the Rangers, it was the day after I turned in the last of my Handy Manny artwork on November 1st of 2007, I knew that I would be working on it then and I decided to see what the show was going to look like. I was hesitant at first thinking that it might be like a lot of the designs for the earlier versions of it, and it didn't really thrill me, so I thought that it might just be a job with a really nice check. One of my artist friends, Chris Bailey, who was the CGI Special Effects Supervisor on the Alvin and The Chipmunks movie told me early on that the new designs were great for the show and that I'd have a lot of fun with it. He was right in the end. The show has run it's course with the storyline ending with 32 episodes and they did leave it open-ended to bring it back. So who knows what they will do... At any rate, I post this this pic as a teaser for some of the newer images I'll post here soon. I posted the rough sketch of this artwork a while ago and now here is the final art for it! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Spider-Phoenix said...

I'm a big Power Rangers fan since the childhood and i have to say i love your drawings!Thank you very much for share these works with us!

And i also want to give you congratulations for the awesome job you did with Scooby Doo!They are great!

I wish you the best and thank you for all!

SNeelyArt said...

Well, thanks for reading my blog! I appreciate it!

Unknown said...

amazing drawings i am a big time power ranger fan i loved to Watch Power Rangers when i was kid. i also do sketches but not as good as u r