Sunday, July 26, 2009

SCOOBY #151 - Teaser Comic Page For "In The Spirit"!

Here is a teaser comic page from Scooby #151, which I did an 8-page story for as well. It was finished about a month ago now. I'm posting the first page since it's the teaser intro for the story and Scooby and the Gang appear on the next page as they come in to solve the deal. I really like the set up for this page. You get a lot of great exposition and a great shot of the monster. The storytelling is working for me as well all the while leaving room for the credits and word balloons. I'll post the other pages as it gets closer to release. The book will be out in the fall.

3 comments:

dylanio21 said...

Looks great, those lines are perfect!

SNeelyArt said...

Thanks! The original art always looks so much better in your hands than a printed comic. Especially when it comes to older comics and how they were produced and printed. I can see what the allure of collecting original art and seeing the beautiful ink lines that somehow got muddy and darker than normal on a comic paper that asorbed more ink than it should. Haha. I'm happy myself with the inking job I did on it. It's also great that I can scan and tweak the scans just so they'll print well for a comic instead of just mailing the pages to DC and letting them do it at some defalut scan setting...

The page I posted that takes place in the prison has this cool exterior shot to open the story with and it has a really cool effect I did to create the storm clouds. Unfortunatley, it will be lost on the printed comic. If you saw the original, you'd see that it just pops more off the page.

Comics are always printed as a fast medium so quality can get lost in the shuffle a lot of time.

dylanio21 said...

Yeah I have to admire that attention to detail, lately I've been really trying to get my scans to look just right.