Wednesday, April 28, 2010

PHINEAS AND FERB - Early Warm Up Sketches!

After I finished my work on Shrek 4 back on February 1st. I got an offer to work on some stuff for Phineas and Ferb, which is a Disney show and it's pretty popular from the response I got about it on FaceBook. I didn't know too much about the show but downloaded some episodes of it and did some sketches of the characters to see how I would break them down into shapes and basically see how they were constructed. I usually do this before I get any official reference such as turnarounds, attitudes or expressions just to see how I would go about drawing them. It help to sit and study the show as well and to get the vibe of the energy and what kind of personalities the characters have. Here are 4 sketches I did...just drawn on cheap paper and burned out kinda quick.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott, these are really good. The only thing that I find wrong in them is the cheek line at the end of Phin's smile in the first drawing. we avoid the cheek line on all the characters. But the drawings are amazingly on model for your first time out.

Dan Povenmire
Co-creator of Phineas and Ferb

SNeelyArt said...

Thanks, Dan! An honor to hear from the creator! It's a popular show from my friends on FaceBook who have mentioned it me. I will be posting more that will be more to your liking soon that were approved by licensing! These were the early ones out the gate to kind of impress the "Powers That Be".

Keep me in mind if you have any work you can throw me. I'd appreciate it!