Sunday, March 31, 2013

SCOOBY-DOO Is Now At Capstone Publishing!

Tomorrow, I will start work on a new 4-book Scooby-Doo series with Capstone Publishing that I signed the contracts for this past week. I finally got the first manuscript on Friday and will read through it all and start work this week as this four book deal will take me up to the first week of September or so to complete (I may finish earlier though)! They will see the light of day in Spring 2014! I will post more about them as they get done one by one. Capstone has done some great books of late with the WB licenses and they do a nice package and presentation so I think Scooby fans will like this new series, which will feature the classic look of the Scooby Gang!

The art will be like the Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated book I did in late 2010 for Scholastic in that the character art is flat color with character shading on top but the backgrounds won't be painted this time. This series will have the backgrounds drawn in ink and colored, which is more comic book-like though it's all single spot illustration so I have to approach each image like it's a cover image to get the most impact. I think I'll do it all as one layer as well. When I did the Mystery Incorporated book I did everything as layers so that the character art was separate. This won't be as involved but should still be fun! Anyway, that's the big news of late and the first adventure starts this week!

2 comments:

dylanio21 said...

I am really excited by this news.
Every blog you post is so educational and inspiring.

Celeste said...

This is great!