Thursday, September 16, 2010

SCOOBY At The Beach Sketch! - Plus, A Work Update!

Here's a sketch of Scooby at the beach that I did way back in 2000-01 from my records. Probably should have posted it on Labor Day but I was deep into drawing my portrait of Kristy that weekend. Pretty tight pencil work here and all my pencils seem to be this tight on everything. New people I work with are usually shocked at how tight they are compared to other artists they may deal with but doing a lot of licensing has made me this way so it's hard for me to go real loose after 10+ years of etching the final work "in stone" as it were.
*
This past couple days I've been working on a new Scooby-Doo comic cover for Wildstorm. I believe it's for issue #2 where there is a story I drew as well. I will be posting the cover in steps so that you can see the process I go through in creating a cover from concept to finish. I will be doing the final clean up and inks tomorrow for it and then I shall post it as it is and then post a color version when that part is done. People have asked about the working process and I think this cover gives a great idea of how I go about it since there were some artistic choices that I made and some I was asked to draw from the editor. All in all, it's shaping up nicely!