Wednesday, June 4, 2014

SCOOBY-DOO #44 Cover Cover


Here's the final cover art I did for Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? #44. I posted a pic on the blog of me finishing the art back in January. This first image is a scan of the actual printed cover that came out. Some highlights from the paper it was printed on were picked up by the scanner though. I hate that glossy paper. Anyway...
Here's the original thumbnail that WB chose to go with as a design. I did four designs for this cover on 8.5 x 11 paper. Even at this small size it read really clear. Again I used a 40% Warm Gray marker to make the thumbnail pop.
This is a scan of the final art that was done on DC Comics art board. It came out super clean with little to no white touch up paint to fix any errors on it. Even in black and white this is a strong layout that works.
Then Candace Bell, who was at Heroic Age at the time, did the coloring for it based on the script and any notes I had. Once final approval from DC and WB and it was off to the printers with the rest of the final art for the book!
I included this cover version also as this was the final cover for the digital release of the comic. The store bought one had the UPC symbol on it. All in all, I like this cover a lot! A great shot of the Gang with an air of mystery!

No comments: