Monday, June 9, 2014

SCOOBY-DOO #47 Comic Cover + San Diego Comic-Con Variant Cover Exclusive

Here's both covers to Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? #47! An exciting moment for Scooby comic fans as this is also the first time that Scooby has ever gotten a variant cover! The first cover is the main cover for the book that you would get if you bought it anywhere and then the second cover with Scooby dressed as Batman is a Diamond Previews Exclusive that will be on sale at this year's San Diego Comic-Con! I have no idea what they are charging for it though being that it's an exclusive. I can only hope I get one for free since I drew it. There's a LOT going on in both of these covers and I kept the background details similar so that they looked like two scenarios at the same show. Eagle-eye fans will see that I put another Scooby comic cover I drew into the design. The girl is putting a copy of Scooby #44 in her bag. This variant cover was a bit harder as more people had a say over it, so it went through a few revisions before Scooby colorist, Candace Bell, went and colored both of these based on my notes. Once she was done I dropped the logos on to finalize. Enjoy!

No comments: