Saturday, September 27, 2008

JULIE NEWMAR as CATWOMAN! Old Magic Marker Painting!

Here is a magic marker painting I did over 10 years ago of Julie Newmar as Catwoman from the 60's Batman TV series. Guess is was in the late '96 or so. It was inked in black first and then 'painted' with all gray tone markers from 10% to 80% gray on 11 x 17 paper. Then white paint was applied to give it a look of an old worn photo. It also added a great effect to her costume which really matches the highlights that were actually on her costume. That's one of the things I really still love about this piece. I used to do a lot of marker paintings before the digital age and Photoshop came into my artistic career. This one is still one that I like. Maybe I'll do an updated version since my skills have vastly improved over the last 12 or so.

No comments: